Friends of the Library (FOL)
Who We Are:
The Friends of the Library, established in 1997, is a charitable organization
- To support adequate space, materials, and equipment to ensure that the library meets research, informational, cultural, and recreational needs
- To aid in providing funds and to meet special library needs for the benefit of the general public
To date, the Friends have provided to the library over $200,000 to purchase or upgrade equipment for facility improvements.
All funds have been raised through membership, fundraising and from revenues from the FOL Book Store.
FOL Book Store
The Friends of the Library manage and operate the FOL Book Store, adjacent to the lobby. The hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; with extended hours Thursdays when the bookstore is open until 7 p.m.
How you can help
Anyone who is interested in supporting the Belleville Public Library can become a member. Membership costs very little and demonstrates your support of quality public library service in Belleville. Pick up your application at the FOL Book Store.
- Individual Annual Membership: $10
- Lifetime Individual Membership: $150 (Tax receipt provided)
We need volunteers to help in the Used Book Store and to take an active role in the executive. If you are interested in helping with the Book Store or the Executive of the FOL, please indicate this interest when you complete your application for membership.
The Friends of the Library Used Book Store relies on the generosity of the community to provide us with items we can sell. You can assist by donating gently-used books, CDs, VHS tapes and DVDs. However we cannot accept encyclopedias, text books or Readers Digest Condensed Books. Thank you for your support.
- Interim President: Dana Barnett
- Past President: Steven Tyte
- Treasurer: Jessica Doxtator
- Secretary: Brenda Cox
- Director for Membership: Nancy Callahan
- Director for Fundraising: Linda Connelly
- Special Events:
- Book Store Manager: Nancy Callahan
For more information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-968-6731 x 2045.