Gale Course of the Week:
What you don't know about PC security really can hurt you! Learn why you're at risk and what you can do to protect your precious personal and business data from the outside world. This course, taught by a security expert, will quickly bring you up to speed on the fundamentals of PC and network security.
What is Gale Courses?
The Belleville Public Library is excited to offer our community new alternatives to continue life-long learning and to build valuable career skills. Gale Courses is a free, self-guided online training tool that we are proud to make available to encourage personal and professional growth, anywhere, anytime with your library card.
How do I access Gale Courses?
To access Gale Courses visit this link.
How do I enroll in a Gale Course?
1. Find courses by browsing through the categories on the left of your screen or by using the search bar above. Click "Enroll Now" next to the course of your choice.
2. Select your course start date and click "Continue."
3. Create a free Gale Courses account, or sign in to an existing ed2go account.
- New Students - Enter your email address in the New Student area and click "Create Account." Complete the "Account and Student Information" page and then click "Continue."
- Returning Students - Enter your account email and password and then click "Sign In.”
You will use your Gale Courses account email and password to log in to the My Classroom area to view your lessons once your session begins.
4. Enter your library barcode in the box labeled Submit. Then click “Use Library Card” to complete your enrollment.
Students who have enrolled in a course must log in and view lessons one and two within 13 days after the start date of the course, or they will be automatically dropped. Students who are dropped from a course will be able to enroll in the course during a later session.
Who do I contact if I have a question about a Gale Course?
Current students: Please direct questions about your lessons, quizzes, assignments, and other course materials to your instructor or course administrator. You can use the course discussion areas for this purpose.
If you have questions about accessing the online classroom, retrieving your lessons, changing your password, correcting your e-mail address, obtaining progress reports or completion letters, receiving an extension, or any other administrative tasks, visit the Gale Courses Help page.
New or potential students: If you have questions about course content, prerequisites, requirements, follow-ups, or instructors, you'll find the information you need by locating the courses that interest you. Click the course title to review the course details.